March 21, 2012

Compendium

It's been a busy week for me so far.  I had a research paper due on Monday and that was a bit of a time vacuum so I didn't have too much time to write sonnets.  Even so, I got one written so I'm pleased about that!  Other than that this week has been pretty normal for me so far.  Oh! Yesterday I read a fantastic book that I highly recommend:  Marco and the Red Granny by Mur Lafferty.  She is also the host of a podcast I listen to - "I Should be Writing" - so it was fun to support her by buying her book.  She mainly discusses writing fiction (something I would like to get into a bit more).  I would like to start work on a short story some time in the near future, but for the present I'll just keep on with my sonnets.

I wrote this sonnet as a bit of a description for this blog... maybe?  I don't know, I just wrote the dang thing.  I hope you enjoy it!



Compendium

To find the place concerning sonnets look
Inside thy soul, thy heart, thy astral mind.
Therein confined discernment freed which shook
Apart somatic chains your self aligned.
This modest quest commenced by those who dare
Disgorge the thoughts concealed and locked away;
Assemble purpose mid these lines to share
And ne'er apply the black and white to gray.
Although innate prismatic turns inflame
The misty path, the trail thus chosen, scribes
Alike know not from whence Ideas came -
The spring that spouts elixir you imbibe.
Unearth this place; so write of gods, of queens,
Of slugs, of man, and all that's in between.


Completion date: 3/4/2012
Unpublished material, ©2012 Neal Digre

No comments:

Post a Comment