February 29, 2012

Concerning Sonnets, Et cetera

Two posts in one week? Whoa!  Well, I thought it would be a good idea to kick off my first week of blogging with a bang! Also, I'm posting again today because I want to dwindle down my stockpile of sonnets.  I've decided I'd like to keep my posts a little more recent so there's not an entire month between when I finish a sonnet and when I post it, so this should help with that.

This sonnet is one that I wrote in response to finishing my first sonnet.  I don't really want to give too much of my intended meaning away because I feel that takes away from allowing you to interpret it in the way you choose; but I must mention that with this sonnet I wanted to capture the process of writing a sonnet (at least for me).  You probably already noticed this but I based the name of my blog on this sonnet.  Enjoy!



Concerning Sonnets, Et cetera

I chose persistent battle locked amidst
Fermented words. Dismember judgement; hack
And mangle every prized appendage. Black
Repugnant blotches splattered outward didst
Obscure the pure quixotic view betwixt
The portal's lustrous pulse. Oh flee this fact:
Without a key my way shall ever lack
Admittance through this passage ere affixed.
Ye evil tendril wrapped around my quill,
I have no fear if thou lead me askew.
For solely through the writhing wretched will
The gleaming gate be opened up anew.
To pass, to see, to be; in me instil
A fervour felt by only those who flew.


Completion date: 2/22/2012
Unpublished Material, ©2012 Neal Digre

No comments:

Post a Comment